It’s been a while since we used the crock pot, and yesterday Josh decided it would be awesome to put it to good use and make something delicious and easy. He got the idea from a coworker to make crock pot chicken, and spice it up by adding a packet of taco seasoning. After adding some cumin we worried about the chicken being too spicy, but it was actually perfect. This is an awesomely easy summer dish that we’ll probably make again very soon!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 cup of lettuce, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- sour cream (optional)
- tortillas (warmed)
- Place raw chicken breasts in a crock pot.
- Add water, taco seasonings and cumin. Mix well and let simmer on low for 8-10 hours.
- Prepare desired toppings. I totally forgot that I had cilantro in the fridge, which would have been perfect for these tacos. Add anything you want… salsa, hot sauce, avocado, etc.
- Warm tortillas. I warmed my tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds. Some may prefer to pan fry or grill them for about a minute, or until brown and crispy.
- Combine ingredients in tortilla and enjoy!
Did I mention how much I love it when my husband cooks?