Last night, I whipped up some of the most delicious pork chops I’ve ever made. Pork chops have always been a challenge for me, in the way that I either burn them or dry them out completely. I’ve never been able to mimic the ones mom made us kids growing up, so I almost altogether gave up on creating the perfect chop. Until now! By George, I think I’ve got it.
- 2 granny smith apples
- 3 thick cut boneless pork chops
- 3/4 packet of Pot roast seasoning (McCormick)
- 2/4 packet of Ranch seasoning (McCormick)
- 1/4 cup pineapple (I used tidbits, but the rings would work better!)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (Jack Daniels, Hickory Brown Sugar)
- 2tbps Fruit Sauce (This is not 100% necessary. I had it laying around so I threw some in)
- 1/3 cup Sweet & Spicy mustard (Woeber’s)
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- Garlic & Pepper Blend (Wildtree’s Adobo Seasoning Blend)
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Oven temperature: 375 degrees
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill the bottom of a glass baking dish with enough water to coat the bottom of the dish. Slice one of the apples and completely cover the bottom of the dish with 1/4 inch sliced apple wedges. Layer pork chops on top of apple wedges in dish.
- Spread and layer the remaining ingredients on top of pork chops in the following order: pot roast seasoning, ranch seasoning, pineapple, BBQ sauce, fruit sauce, sweet & spicy mustard, yellow mustard, and garlic & pepper blend.
- Cover layers with sliced wedges of the remaining apple and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove dish from the oven and top with breadcrumbs and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Once chops are fully cooked, remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with vegetables or potatoes. We used fresh cooked broccoli with lemon & herb seasoning.
It even packaged well for hubby’s leftovers!
When Josh and I finished eating, I asked him how this ranked on the “make this again” scale. It was warmly received, and I can cross this off my bucket list of foods to conquer! Woohoo!